The mission of Bessemer City Schools' Library Media Program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information by providing quality resources, and to promote a lifelong love of literature by maintaining a quality collection of age appropriate reading materials.
Goals & Vision
It is the goal and vision of Bessemer City School's Library Media Program to:
- provide an attractive, welcoming environment.
- provide a well-organized and comprehensive collection that meets the needs of the faculty and student body.
- encourage collaboration between the media specialist and faculty to integrate information, media literacy, and technology skills into all curricular areas.
- maintain a collection that is continually assessed and plan steps for changes and improvements.
- insure that the media program and its services are meeting the needs of both the faculty and the students.
- provide access to information and ideas for a diverse population
Helpful Websites for Parents, Teachers, and Students
Online Public Access to Greenwood Elementary School Library
Reading Matters Book Chooser
Alabama Best Practices Center
Bessemer Public Library
Alabama Virtual Library
The Alabama Virtual Library provides teachers, students, and parents access to library and information resources.
Alabama Learning Exchange
The Alabama Learning Exchange provides one-stop resources for educators, parents, and students.
Alabama Public Television Learning Network
Alabama Public Library Service
The Alabama Public Library Service provides access to library and information resources and services.
CyberSleuth Kids is a search engine for the K-12 student with links to clip art and games.
Teaching Books provides a collection of resources so as to build enthusiasm for K-12 books and authors.